No subject

Tue Jun 24 01:23:49 CDT 2008

Currently, I am stuck in trying to explain to the developer that as far as the values within the string are comma separated and AV pairs, he can always parse and split them as tokens based on the comma and "=" parameters. I am not convinced that this is prescribed in the RFC and the way to do it.

The developer sticking to the RFC is demanding that values(of OSC-AVPAIR) a.k.a sub-attributes should be in the TLV format. If the attribute OSC-AVPAIR is a string, how can I enforce everything in the string to be in the TLV format, this just doesn't seem possible. I am totally confused.

Thanks in advance,

-----Original Message-----
From: Hugh Irvine [mailto:hugh at open.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2004 7:26 PM
To: Chandrashekar, Kiran
Cc: radiator at open.com.au
Subject: Re: (RADIATOR) Vendor specific attributes and sub-attributes.

Hello Kiran -

The usual way to do this is with an avpair.

For example we have defined a number of vendor-specifics for OSC,
including this one:

VENDORATTR 9048 OSC-AVPAIR 0 string

which can then contain anything you like

Ie:

	AddToReply OSC-AVPAIR = "xxx=1, yyy=2, zzz=3, ....."

most vendors use something similar.

Note that you should not use the "standard" attribute numbers as you
have shown below.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au