(RADIATOR) enable privilege levels for TACACS+ server

Markus Moeller huaraz at moeller.plus.com
Tue Jan 29 18:33:51 CST 2008

My config is:

 LogDir /var/log/radius
DbDir /etc/raddb
<ServerTACACSPLUS>
        Key cisco
        GroupMemberAttr TEST-GROUP
        AuthorizeGroup all permit service=shell
        AuthorizeGroup all permit service=exec cmd=.* cmd-arg=.*
        AuthorizeGroup console deny service=shell
        AuthorizeGroup reject permitreplace service=exec status=fail
        AuthorizeGroup readonly permit service=shell cmd=enable cmd-args=.*
        AuthorizeGroup readonly permit service=shell cmd=exit cmd-args=.*
        AuthorizeGroup readonly deny service=shell cmd=show cmd-args=run.*
        AuthorizeGroup readonly deny service=shell cmd=show cmd-args=start.*
        AuthorizeGroup readonly permit service=shell cmd=show cmd-args=.*
        AuthorizeGroup readonly permit service=shell cmd=write
cmd-args=terminal
        AuthorizeGroup readonly deny service=shell
        AddToRequest Request-Protocol=TACACS+
</ServerTACACSPLUS>
<Client DEFAULT>
        Secret   thesharedsecret
</Client>
<Client localhost>
        Secret mysecret
        DupInterval 0
</Client>
<AuthBy PAM>
        Identifier PAMAuthentication
        Service radiusd
</AuthBy>
<AuthBy LDAP2>
        Identifier LDAPAuthorisation
        Host    192.168.3.1
        Port    636
        AuthDN          uid=ldapAdmin,dc=example,dc=com
        AuthPassword    pass
        BaseDN          dc=example,dc=com
        SearchFilter (%0=%1)
        UsernameAttr    uid
        PasswordAttr
        NoCheckPassword
        HoldServerConnection
        AuthAttrDef     radiusaccount,R-ACCOUNT,request
        AuthAttrDef     tacacsaccount,T-ACCOUNT,request
        AuthAttrDef     tacacsgroup,TEST-GROUP,reply
        UseSSL
        SSLCAPath /etc/certs
        SSLVerify none
        Version 3
</AuthBy>
<AuthBy FILE>
        Identifier UserFilter
        Filename %D/users
</AuthBy>
<Handler Service-Type=Administrative-User>
        AuthBy UserFilter
        AcctLogFileName %L/detail
</Handler>
<Handler User-Name=admin>
        AuthBy UserFilter
        AcctLogFileName %L/detail
</Handler>
<Handler>
        AuthByPolicy ContinueUntilReject
        AuthBy LDAPAuthorisation
        AuthBy UserFilter
        AuthBy PAMAuthentication
        AcctLogFileName %L/detail
</Handler>

and users is:
admin User-Password={clear}pass1
        TEST-GROUP=all
DEFAULT
Service-Type=Administrative-User,Privilege-Level=15,User-Password={clear}cisco
        TEST-GROUP=all
DEFAULT
Service-Type=Administrative-User,Privilege-Level=5,User-Password={clear}notcisco
        TEST-GROUP=readonly
DEFAULT T-ACCOUNT="Y",Request-Protocol="TACACS+"
DEFAULT R-ACCOUNT="Y",Request-Protocol=

TACACS+ Requests/Replies when using enable

   Decrypted Request
        Action: Inbound Login
        Privilege Level: 15
        Authentication type: ASCII