[RADIATOR] Session database sql statement query

Claudio Lapidus clapidus at gmail.com
Fri Aug 22 08:04:26 CDT 2008

Hello Alex

>> When I receive a stop record I want to
>> a). Delete the record in my online table
>> b). Insert the final set of accounting details as found in the accounting
>> stop record into another database table.
>>

> To do this you should probably use one or more AuthBy SQL clauses with one
> or more AcctSQLStatements.

Another possibility (depending on your DB capabilities) would be to
have a trigger in your online table that intercepts DELETEs and copies
the record's content into the new table. This way you don't need to
modify your Radiator config and you secure your data inside a single
DB transaction, eliminating the possibility of data getting lost "in
transit" (i.e. if the delete succeeds but the subsequent insert
fails).

hth,
cl.