[RADIATOR] COA for Cisco ISG

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Aug 18 21:42:00 CDT 2008

Hello Deniz -

The Command-Code that you are sending is in fact an ASCII string -
you will see the same thing as both ASCII and binary.

What version of Radiator are you using? And what does the Cisco
device debug say is wrong?

You can see what radpwtst is sending by using "-trace 4" as a
parameter (you are just using "-trace" in what you show below).

On 18 Aug 2008, at 19:08, Deniz Aydin wrote:

> Hi,
>         I have been tring to testing radpwtst utility.But there is
> some problem about the Command-Code attribute. Firstly I tried with
> ASCI mode command-code ;
>
> radpwtst -s x.x.x.x -secret x -noauth -noacct -code Change-Filter-
> Request -trace -dictionary /usr/share/doc/packages/Radiator/goodies/
> dictionary.cisco Account-Info="Sx.x.x.x.x" Command-
> Code="subscriber:command=account-status-query"
>
> And Cisco want me to try with binary mode command code. So I  have
> changed dictionary file for Command-Code
> VENDORATTR      9               Command-Code            252     binary
>
> Is it enough for sending this attribute in binary mode, because
> when i look at cisco debugs, i am seeing that it recognize this as
> string.
>
> radpwtst -s x.x.x.x -secret x -noauth -noacct -code Change-Filter-
> Request -trace -dictionary /usr/share/doc/packages/Radiator/goodies/
> dictionary.cisco Account-Info="Sx.x.x.x" Command-Code="04 20"
>
> Deniz AYDIN

NB: