[RADIATOR] Howto limit users session using MaxSessions parameter?

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Aug 12 01:15:11 CDT 2008

Hello Fuad -

Could you please tell me the name of the registered company that has
purchased this copy of Radiator?

Please reply to me directly.

Further comments below:

On 12 Aug 2008, at 12:27, Fuad NAHDI wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Currently I use Radiator 3.0 running on Solaris 5.9 and everything
> works
> fine.
> I want to add 'rule' that for all of my customers only one session is
> allowed.
> Reading radiator docs, we can specify the maximum number of sessions
> allowable for a single user with the Simultaneous-Use check item,
> or for
> all the users in a Realm with the MaxSessions parameter in <Realm> or
> <Handler> clauses and also radiator first check its session
> database so in
> this case I have to use MaxSessions parameter.

Radiator will check the session database whether you use MaxSessions
or Simultaneous-Use (or DefaultSimultaneousUse).

> My questions are:
> 1. MaxSessions param configured in authentication or accounting ?

MaxSessions (or Simultaneous-Use)  is checked when the authentication
is done and the session database is updated by the accounting requests.

> 2. NASType is required or optional to this ?

NASType is only required if you want Radiator to verify exceptions
against the NAS.

> Any help will be highly appreciated.

hope that helps

> thanks