(RADIATOR) Debug-Featurerequest

Wallner Martin Martin.Wallner at etel.at
Tue Apr 29 03:05:51 CDT 2008

Hi All,

Since I'm currently debugging some tasty errors in my production setup
(I can not move this to my lab machine, because we are moving whole
POP's and are on a tight schedule) I found that there is a bit
deficiency in debug tools, because all the current ones are either to
fine granulating, focussing on one user without giving a bit of freedom,
or cluttering the logfile with 99% trash (for the debug), by writing out
too much (trace 4)...

My normal setup for standard debug is getting into monitor, make a
trace_username  xxxxx and do the debug (sometimes, it would be REALLY
nice if this trace_username would understand wildcards too :-)

In my current case, I'm not interested in single users (I can not do
single users, I have no idea who will try to connect), I need to trace 4
requests from some NAS, regardless of usernames... I need to follow the
request through the whole workline, from the client it comes in, through
pre-auth, auth, post-out and reply to client, to find out what went
wrong... TracePacket or a general Trace 4 makes too much clutter in the
logfile to find the points you want.....

So, basically, I would like to ask if something like a

trace_nasidentifier
trace_nasipaddress
and a trace_regexuser  (so one can search for f.e. '*@nasrealm')

in the monitor would be possible? It would greatly help and speed up
debugging.... this would be like the sweet icing on the nice cake
RADIATOR already is :-)

regards
Martin Wallner
sen. IP-Systems Engineer