(RADIATOR) Problems with RADIUS accounting

Alex Sharaz A.Sharaz at hull.ac.uk
Fri Apr 18 02:41:12 CDT 2008

Hi,

I haven't given any more info re what's happening because I can't find any.

Trapeze says can't connect to radius server.
Our hp switches say the same thing with the added bit of info that if you
look at the logs on the switch you can see loads of retransmissions for
radius accounting.
I've tried changing the switch accounting retry time and (can't remember the
param nme) how long it will wait for a response from the radius server to no
avail.

In the production system the load balancer is performing L7 health checks on
all the radius servers and it doesn't have a problem

Switching on L4 tracing in radiator doesn't show anything else either. All
it shows is that everything is working fine. I can see auth and acct
requests being processed properly.

I'm fairly certain that the problem does lie with the response time from the
database. Hugh has suggested a tracing option that I'll try out to see
what's happening and go from there.

The annoying thing is that its happening for both db2 and mysql
Alex