(RADIATOR) RadSec Loadbalancing

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Apr 14 20:09:20 CDT 2008

Hi Robert -

RADSEC does not currently support loadbalancing directly, although
you could do something with multiple instances of Radiator on a
single machine.

The first instance would use normal RADIUS loadbalancing to some
smallish number of local instances, each of which would run a single
RADSEC channel.

Alternatively this could be incorporated into the architecture I
usually recommend with a front-end loadbalancer and multiple back-
ends each with multiple instances.

On 15 Apr 2008, at 01:20, Robert Blayzor wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2008, at 12:05 PM, Jose Borges Ferreira wrote:
>> Rename AuthROUNDROBIN.pm to AuthRADSECRR.pm
>> Edit AuthRADSECRR.pm and replace AuthROUNDROBIN by AuthRADSECRR
>> Edit your configuration file replace RADSEC by RADSECRR and
>> add ,at least, 2 hosts
>> Restart and test it.
>

> Sounds ugly.  I was hoping that it was simply something supported
> and not hacked up.  If RadSec isn't currently supported via RR,
> that's fine, I just need to know that, and if it's planned in the
> future (or not).
>
> --
> Robert Blayzor, BOFH
> INOC, LLC
> rblayzor at inoc.net
> http://www.inoc.net/~rblayzor/
>
> Mac OS X. Because making Unix user-friendly is easier than
> debugging Windows.

NB:

radiator)?
Have you checked the RadiusExpert wiki: