(RADIATOR) Problem with mixing file and web-based configuration methods - GlobalVar, includes, comments and default values

Valentin Tumarkin valentin-lists at fuzzycow.org
Mon Apr 7 05:12:52 CDT 2008

Hi,

Historically I have been writing Radiator configuration files with
many DefineGlobalVar/DefineFormattedGlobalVar, includes, and comments.
While preparing a demo of Radiator functionality (4.2, eval) for a
potential customer, I encountered a number of problems while combining
my Radiator configuration style with web-based (ServerHTTP)
configuration method.

After saving configuration via the web interface:
1) DefineGlobalVar are removed from configuration, while their
respective %{GlobalVar:...} remain.
2) Many variables with default values are added to the configuration.
For example many EAP* parameters are added to AuthBy's which aren't
meant to allow EAP.
3) Includes are merged with the main file, comments are removed.

I understand and respect that some of the above issues may be rather
hard to fix, considering how Radiator parses and organizes its
configuration.
Only the 1st issue is critical, as it actually breaks radius server
configuration. The other two would be "nice to have", but not as
vital.

Thank you,
Valentin

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au