(RADIATOR) LDAP Auth against Microsoft AD - limiting access by AD Group

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Mon May 7 11:18:49 CDT 2007

Chris Rosan wrote:
> We’re in the process of setting up a new Radiator server which provides
> authorisation for some realm’s via LDAP to Microsoft Active directory.
>  I’m using Radiator 3.17.1-1 on Redhat 4, & Windows 2003 Domain controllers.

We're doing something similar, but not using LDAP.  We're using FreeBSD
to auth to Win2k3 AD server.  Our config ended up looking something like:

<AuthBy GROUP>
   Identifier              NTAuth
   AuthByPolicy            ContinueUntilAccept
   RejectEmptyPassword
   <AuthBy FILE>
      Filename        %D/users
      NoDefault
   </AuthBy>
   <AuthBy NTLM>
      NtlmAuthProg    ntlm_auth  --helper-protocol=ntlm-server-1 \
                      --require-membership-of='FOO\Network Admins'
      Domain          FOO
      UsernameMatchesWithoutRealm
      AddToReply              cisco-avpair = "shell:priv-lvl=15"
   </AuthBy>
   <AuthBy NTLM>
      NtlmAuthProg    ntlm_auth  --helper-protocol=ntlm-server-1 \
                      --require-membership-of='FOO\Operators'
      Domain          FOO
      UsernameMatchesWithoutRealm
      AddToReply              cisco-avpair = "shell:priv-lvl=1"

Don't know if this helps...

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Logic:   The art of being wrong with confidence...

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au