(RADIATOR) DecryptPassword CHAP-Password

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Mar 14 20:09:50 CST 2007

Hello Julio -

You cannot use CHAP in the way you describe, as it is one-way encrypted.

Your external program must have access to the plaintext password for
the user and deal with CHAP from there.

You can see what happens with Radiator by using an AuthBy FILE clause
with a test user and a cleartext password.

hope that helps

On 15 Mar 2007, at 10:24, Julio Cesar Pinto wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> We're using a AuthBy EXTERNAL in order to authenticate with a external
> program develop in Java, with our NAS that use User-Password attribute
> we don't have any problem, but other NAS send us CHAP-Password and we
> couldn't sent to the external program the password in plain text.
> We use
> the special character %P that means "The decrypted User-Password from
> the current request" but with the cases CHAP-Password doesn't work, we
> try to use DecryptPassword but don't work too.
>
> We appreciate if you can help us to solve it.
>
> Greetings,
>
> JC.

NB:

radiator)?