(RADIATOR) Cisco VPN client not authenticating?

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Mar 12 18:44:45 CST 2007

Hello Steve -

It does sound like the firewall is not configured properly - one of:
radius authentication not enabled, target IP address and/or target
UDP port number incorrect.

As you say, if you don't see anything in the Radiator log, there
isn't much that Radiator can do.

As usual to say any more I will need to see a copy of your
configuration file and a trace 4 debug showing what is happening.

On 13 Mar 2007, at 03:10, Steve Hahn wrote:

> I’ve configured my Cisco firewall (ASA 5510, accessed via ASDM 5.2)
> to authenticate VPN users to my Radiator server, and I know I’ve
> done this correctly since when I’m in ASDM I can send a test
> authentication to the Radiator server and it works wonderfully. But
> when I configure the Cisco VPN client to log in this way instead of
> through a shared secret, it fails; I don’t think the firewall is
> even sending the authentication info to Radius, since it doesn’t
> log anything when I try to connect.

NB:

radiator)?

and DIAMETER translation agent.