(RADIATOR) Cisco VPN client not authenticating?

Steve Hahn stevehahn at gospellight.com
Mon Mar 12 10:10:01 CST 2007

I¹ve configured my Cisco firewall (ASA 5510, accessed via ASDM 5.2) to
authenticate VPN users to my Radiator server, and I know I¹ve done this
correctly since when I¹m in ASDM I can send a test authentication to the
Radiator server and it works wonderfully. But when I configure the Cisco VPN
client to log in this way instead of through a shared secret, it fails; I
don¹t think the firewall is even sending the authentication info to Radius,
since it doesn¹t log anything when I try to connect.