(RADIATOR) PEAPv0/EAP-MSCHAPv2 authentication with an LDAP back end

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Jun 28 21:03:56 CDT 2007

Hello Bob -

 From my archives I see we had a previous discussion about this in
February, although we didn't get as far as a working solution did we?

All of the example configuration files in the "goodies" directory
work as they are with the test certificates included in the Radiator
distribution (latest is 3.17.1).

I suggest you use "eap_peap.cfg" to begin with, as it is and put a
test user with nthash password in the "users" file.

You can run your test like this:

	cd /your/Radiator-3.17.1/distribution

	perl radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -trace 4 -config_file goodies/
eap_peap.cfg

Note the Perl prerequisites listed in the comment block at the
beginning of the configuration file.

Once you have the simple case working you can go on to set up a test
LDAP configuration file, using a modified copy of "goodies/ldap.cfg"
which you can test with radpwtst.

Again note the prerequisites listed in the comment block at the
beginning of the file, and section 5.36 of the manual ("doc/ref.html").

When this is working you can put the <AuthBy LDAP2> clause from the
above into the inner Handler of the "eap_peap.cfg" file:

<Handler TunnelledByPEAP = 1>

	<AuthBy LDAP2>

</Handler>

hope that helps

On 29 Jun 2007, at 08:36, Bob Shafer wrote:

> The powers that be want us to use the MS supplicant to authenticate
> wireless clients against our LDAP (Sun) back end.  To make this
> happen we are willing to figure out a way to populate LDAP with
> nthash encrypted passwords.
>
> Assuming this is possible and someone has figured out a
> configuration for radiator that works, would you be willing to
> share any pointers, and, if possible, a copy, minus passwords, of a
> working configuration file?
>
> If so, we'd be over joyed.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bob Shafer