(RADIATOR) Assigning vlan attributes

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Feb 22 17:03:03 CST 2007

Hello Colin -

Yes you can use two AuthBy clauses to do what you describe.

Here is how I generally do it:

# define AuthBy LDAP2 clause to check AD

<AuthBy LDAP2>
	Identifier CheckAD

# define AuthBy FILE for AD and VLAN

<AuthBy FILE>
	Identifier CheckUser
	Filename %D/users.vlan

# define Realm(s) or Handler(s)

<Handler ......>
	AuthBy CheckUser
</Handler>

The file "users.vlan" would contain something like this:

# users.vlan

userA  Auth-Type = CheckAD
	vlan = .....

userB  Auth-Type = CheckAD
	vlan = .....

where "vlan = ...." is the appropriate reply item for your equipment.

It is a good idea to keep the user entries in the file in
alphabetical order for ease of maintenance.

hope that helps

On 23 Feb 2007, at 00:04, Colin Byelong wrote:

> Hi Jan,
>
> Thanks for the reply, We are actually authenticating against a AD
> server using the ldap front end.
> Do you know if i can just authenticate against the AD server then
> have a file on radiator that contains userid's and which vlan they
> should be in ?
>
> Thanks
>
> Colin
>> Hello Colin,
>>
>> Colin Byelong wrote:
>>
>>> We know how to do the authentication against LDAP part but im not
>>> sure
>>> where information about which vlan they should be in is held,
>>> would this
>>> be in a users file on the radius server ?
>>> So the user logs in this is checked against the ldap entry,
>>> passes then
>>> the user is checked against a file on the radius server and
>>> placed into
>>> a vlan.
>>> Do you have a example of this ?
>>>

>> I put into my AuthBy LDAP line like this:
>>
>>         AuthAttrDef     radiusTunnelPrivateGroupID, \
>>                         Tunnel-Private-Group-ID, reply
>>
>> Radiator fetch values of attribute radiusTunnelPrivateGroupID from my
>> LDAP and passes it in reply as Tunnel-Private-Group-ID to NAS.
>>
>> Hope this helps

> -
>

> Colin Byelong                             Email: C.Byelong at ucl.ac.uk
> Senior Network Development Officer
> Network Group
> Information Systems Division
> University College London
> Gower Street                              Phone: 020 7679-2572
> London WC1E 6BT

NB:

radiator)?

and DIAMETER translation agent.