(RADIATOR) Assigning vlan attributes

Colin Byelong c.byelong at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Feb 22 05:21:25 CST 2007

Hi,

I hope you can help me or point me to some examples.
We would like users to authenticate with a web authentication system
this will check passwords against LDAP.
We would then like the users to be dropped into specific vlans based on
there userid.

We know how to do the authentication against LDAP part but im not sure
where information about which vlan they should be in is held, would this
be in a users file on the radius server ?
So the user logs in this is checked against the ldap entry, passes then
the user is checked against a file on the radius server and placed into
a vlan.
Do you have a example of this ?

Thanks

Colin

Colin Byelong                             Email: C.Byelong at ucl.ac.uk
Senior Network Development Officer
Network Group
Information Systems Division
University College London
Gower Street                              Phone: 020 7679-2572
London WC1E 6BT

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au