(RADIATOR) Null characters at end of syslog lines

Jan Tomasek jan at tomasek.cz
Thu Feb 22 03:29:17 CST 2007

Hello,

it seams that problem is related to syslog-ng and to Sys::Syslog:

http://groups.google.cz/group/linux.debian.bugs.dist/browse_thread/thread/46f88c8fc8922cb6/348b91b26470d4f9%23348b91b26470d4f9
https://lists.balabit.hu/pipermail/syslog-ng/2007-January/009741.html

I'm running syslog-ng 1.6.5-2.2 and perl 5.8.4-8sarge5. They are
vulerable to this problem. They are from Debian Sarge.

On Etch is syslog-ng 2.0.0-1 and perl 5.8.8-7 where prolems seams to be
fixed. I tested it with script I posted before.

Well I'm not going to upgrade my systems yet so I've to learn grep about
 --text switch.

Sorry for disturbing, problem was not in Radiator.

Best regards
--
Jan Tomasek aka Semik