(RADIATOR) CALEA IRI config?

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Sat Feb 17 21:37:38 CST 2007

Mike McCauley wrote:
> Radiator already supports a number of vendor specific attributes for starting
> data collection, and others can be easily added.
>
> All you need to know is the Radius attributes that enable data collection for
> your particular network device, and configure Radiator and the user records
> accordingly

There are VSA's for Cisco that will initiate a session based intercept,
however the intercept normally cannot be unsolicited to the mediation
device.  I believe the mediation device wants to see a copy of the start
packet to "start an intercept".  That being said there are normally only
two ways to do this... a probe on the outside of the RADIUS server
(ugly) or the RADIUS server sends a copy of the accounting request in
question to the mediation device.

So the question now is this; is it possible to selectively send copies
of accounting packets to another server?  I suppose you could just send
duplicates on the accounting to another server for all requests, but
that seems like a lot of overhead.

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

"I don't need parents. All I need is a recording that says, 'Go play
outside!" - Calvin and Hobbes

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au