(RADIATOR) More questions!

Adam Armstrong lists at memetic.org
Mon Aug 20 12:17:11 CDT 2007

Hi All,

Ok, I managed to figure out how to do the hourly billing and accounting
stuff (a mess of php using the accounting table generating new usage,
usage_daily and usage_monthly tables, if anyone wants it, they can have
it!).

My new question for this week is :

What's the best way to handle giving customers a static IP / subnet?

I'd rather not store the framed-ip-address / framed-ip-netmask in the
database, as that's a bit messy and horrible to parse out into other
systems!

Is it possible to have a field in the db called 'ip' and generate
"framed-ip-address = x.x.x.x, framed-ip-netmask = 255.255.255.255" from
an ip like 1.1.1.1 and add it to the reply?

Also, would it then be possible to have a field called 'netblock' and
generate framed-ip-address=x.x.x.x framed-ip-netmask = y.y.y.y" from a
cidr entry like 1.1.1.1/27?

I'm sure it is possible, just as to how easy it is to figure out :)

Thanks all,
adam.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au