(RADIATOR) radiator and snmp

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Apr 27 18:39:38 CDT 2007

Hello Alex -

I would have expected your accounting start to contain the IP address
for the session - you may have to set some configuration option in
the equipment to have it do this.

Once you have the IP address in an accounting request, you can insert
it in the online table directly.

If you send me a copy of your configuration file and a trace 4 debug
showing the access request and the subsequent accounting requests, I
will take a look.

On 27 Apr 2007, at 17:31, Alex Sharaz wrote:

> Chaps,
>
> We’re rolling out a wired 802.1x service in our halls of residence.
> I’ve got a web app that lets me see who’s online at any point in
> time. An authenticated client obtains an ip address from an ip pool
> on our ISC DHCP server.
>

> It would be nice to also display the ip address assigned to a
> particular session. I’m thinking along the lines of either nosing
> around the ARP tables on the switch hosting the authenticated
> client from within radiator when I receive an accounting start
> request or using the ISC omshell command to query the DHCP server
> for any lease information associated with the clients MAC address
> (which is obtainable from the accounting record). I’m sort of
> thinking that by the time the accounting start record appears the
> client will have been dropped into the appropriate VLAN and will
> have performed a DHCP request.
>

> Before I start doing this, I was wondering if anyone else has been
> down this route and have some code they could share.
>

> TIA
>
> Alex

> To view the terms under which this email is distributed, please go
> to http://www.hull.ac.uk/legal/email_disclaimer.html
radiator)?
Have you checked the RadiusExpert wiki:
http://www.open.com.au/wiki/index.php/Main_Page