(RADIATOR) Cisco 4402 Session-Timeout Issues

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Apr 3 18:03:15 CDT 2007

Hello Dave -

It would be interesting to see a trace 4 debug from Radiator showing
what is happening with the authentication and the interim accounting.

If you send me a copy of the configuration file and a trace 4 debug I
will take a look.

I would have thought that a Session-Timeout sent in an acess accept
would limit the overall session time, but I wonder if you are sending
a Session-Timeout in the Accounting-Response?

In either case I would check with Cisco and perhaps submit a bug report.

On 4 Apr 2007, at 05:39, David Heinz wrote:

> I have a Cisco wireless controller (the 4402). I have 2 standard
> WLAN's configured on it, one authenticates off of LDAP via RADIUS
> using WPA stuff...one is wide open and uses a portal for
> authentication purposes. This of course will be used for any
> vendors who come to visit the company. The problem I am seeing is
> the following..
>
> I would like to limit the Vendors session to a specific amount of
> time. I am sending back a "Session-Timeout" to the user, and its
> being applied as at times the session will timeout at the given
> interval. I say at times because there are other cases when the
> device will send an "Interim" accounting packet...and then my
> session will terminate exactly the "Session-Timeout" + Acct-Session-
> Time that was sent in the interim packet. It seems like the
> Wireless controller is resetting the "Session-Timeout" to the
> original value once it receives an ACK for any interim accounting
> packets.
>
> Is this the proper behavior of Session-Timeout? Or is this 4402
> code from Cisco flawed? Any ideas?
>
> -Dave

NB:

radiator)?