(RADIATOR) defaultlease

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Oct 5 05:58:39 CDT 2006

Hello Martin -

Radiator does not do any renewal of the lease, as the radius protocol
itself has no way of indicating that the IP address lease should be
renewed.

In general you should set the default lease to be longer than the
longest session that you need, and you should also use a Session-
Timeout to ensure that the session is terminated.

Your only other option is to use a SessionDatabase SQL together with
an external cron job to scan the table and renew those sessions that
require it. This is outside the scope of Radiator however.

On 5 Oct 2006, at 20:35, M.A.G. van der Walle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We use <AddressAllocator DHCP> in our Radius configuration. In that
> section
> we use a 'DefaultLease    3000' .
>
> However, we don't see any attempt to renew the lease time after 50
> minutes
> in the logfiles of the DHCP server. The result is of course that
> after 60
> minutes (the default lease time of our DHCP servers)  IP adresses are
> distributed again by the DHCP server while they are still in use.
> In our
> case by VPN sessions.
>
> Are we doing something wrong or has somebody the same problem
> encountered?
> We use version 3.9 and we don't use SessionTimeout.
>

> met vriendelijke groet, with kind regards
>

> Martin
>
> Teamleider
> _____________________
> _M.A.G. van der Walle