(RADIATOR) Problem with AuthLog SYSLOG - ERR: Error while doing AuthLog SYSLOG: syslog: invalid level/facility: radius at Radius/AuthLogSYSLOG.pm line 110

Martin Wallner Martin.Wallner at eunet.co.at
Mon Oct 2 03:44:26 CDT 2006

Hello,

Just to 'broaden' the base :-)

It is a general feature of BSD (and, so Darwin :-), to have fixed
keywords for the logging facility...

--------- snip (syslog.conf (5) - NetBSD)-----------------------
     The facility describes the part of the system generating the
message, and
     is one of the following keywords: auth, authpriv, cron, ftp,
daemon,
     kern, lpr, mail, mark, news, syslog, user, uucp and local0 through
     local7.  These keywords (with the exception of mark) correspond to
the
     similar ``LOG_'' values specified to the openlog(3) and syslog(3)
library
     routines.

=mw=

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au