(RADIATOR) MySQL Database went away

Jose Borges Ferreira underspell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 31 08:58:57 CST 2006

Hi there!

I have similar need but had a different design:

1) One instance for auth and other for acct is the correct way to go when
you have some load.
2) Have a accounting table per month. Simply use  AccountingTable
accounting_%Y%m combined with a cronjob to create the table every month.
3) Use INSERT DELAYED, instead of regular INSERT ( AddQuery    INSERT
DELAYED INTO accounting_%Y%m ... )
4) Use a DB replica for read only queries. Insert delayed doesn't give you
any advantage if you read allot from that table. Read mysql manual for more
information,

For "selecting" information from the database you can use UNION or VIEWs.

With this setup on 2 quite old dual-PIII 933 GHz with 1GB RAM as DataBase
and 2 dual PIII-733 512MB RAM as front ends i can have about 25 auth/sec and
15 acct/s sustained for 10 hours a day.

José Borges Ferreira