(RADIATOR) Problem with the username that is used for online confirmation

Vangelis Kyriakakis vkyriak at forthnet.gr
Thu Mar 30 03:43:39 CST 2006

Hello,

     I see from the logfiles that Radiator always uses the whole
username that is being authenticated as the username that is used for
online confirmation via SNMP.
     The manual says in CountQuery "If a user name is present as the
fifth field returned by the query, that is the user name that will be
used to confirm the user is still on line.".
     Using the following configuration:

<Handler Client-Identifier=adsl>
        RejectHasReason
        RewriteUsername s/^([^@]+).*/$1/
        AuthBy adsl
        SessionDatabase Session-dsl
        AuthLog logger
</Handler>

<SessionDatabase SQL>
        Identifier Session-dsl
        DBSource dbi:Sybase:RADIUS
        DBUsername tacacs
        DBAuth xxxxxxx
        Timeout 5
        FailureBackoffTime 5
        AddQuery insert into netman..RADONLINE
(USERNAME,NASIDENTIFIER,NASPORT,\
               ACCTSESSIONID,TIME_STAMP,FRAMEDIPADDRESS,NASPORTTYPE,\
               SERVICETYPE) values
('%U','%N',0%{NAS-Port},'%{Acct-Session-Id}',\
               %{Timestamp},'%{Framed-IP-Address}','%{NAS-Port-Type}',\
               '%{Service-Type}')
        DeleteQuery delete from netman..RADONLINE where
NASIDENTIFIER='%1' and NASPORT=0%2
        ClearNasQuery delete from netman..RADONLINE where NASIDENTIFIER='%N'
        CountQuery select NASIDENTIFIER, NASPORT,
hextoint(ACCTSESSIONID), FRAMEDIPADDRESS, USERNAME from netman..RADONLINE wh
ere USERNAME='%U'
</SessionDatabase>

If the user that is being authenticated is user at domain then Radiator
always uses user at domain as the username that is checked against the
snmpget result although the RADONLINE database keeps only user in the
USERNAME field.

     Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

                   Regards
                        Vangelis Kyriakakis

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au