(RADIATOR) Cisco VPN 3000 Dictionary Attributes

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Thu Mar 16 15:31:08 CST 2006

Hello Chris -

There is no need to change the attribute definitions in the
dictionary, as the strings are only used to decode/encode the radius
requests inside Radiator. The radius requests themselves contain
numeric attribute type octets as specified by the RFC's ("doc/
rfc2865.txt"). You can run Radiator at trace 5 debug to see the hex-
dumps of the radius requests received/sent on the wire.

However, if you do decide to change the VENDORATTR definitions, you
will also need to change the corresponding VALUE definitions in the
dictionary. This will stop the warning messages you are seeing.

hope that helps

On 17 Mar 2006, at 02:03, Deramus, Chris wrote:

> Hey everyone, I have a quick question about the dictionary file
> that is
> used in Radiator. I have been using this product for the past two
> weeks
> specifically for RADIUS proxying, and it works beautifully. I did run
> into one problem, and that with the Cisco VPN 3000 series AV pairs
> (VENDORATTR 3076 in the dictionary file). These AV pairs were prefaced
> with Altiga- in the file, but the Cisco Concentrator that we use in
> production must be in CVPN3000- format. I changed the syntax of each
> line for VENDORATTR 3076, and that works great; however, I do get
> about
> a hundred of the warnings at the base of this E-mail when starting the
> radius daemon. Even though it works, I'd like to clean up the log
> messages which are being generated. What do I need to change to
> prevent
> radius to look for Altiga attributes, and instead look for CVPN3000?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> [radiator]# /usr/bin/radiusd -trace 5
> Thu Mar 16 09:58:00 2006: DEBUG: Reading dictionary file
> '/etc/radiator/dictionary'
> Thu Mar 16 09:58:01 2006: WARNING: There is no attribute named
> Altiga-Allow-Alpha-Only-Passwords-G in file '' before line 4285
> Ignored
> Thu Mar 16 09:58:01 2006: WARNING: There is no attribute named
> Altiga-Allow-Alpha-Only-Passwords-G in file '' before line 4286
> Ignored
> Thu Mar 16 09:58:01 2006: WARNING: There is no attribute named
> Altiga-SEP-Card-Assignment-G/U in file '' before line 4288 Ignored
> Thu Mar 16 09:58:01 2006: WARNING: There is no attribute named
> Altiga-SEP-Card-Assignment-G/U in file '' before line 4289 Ignored
> Thu Mar 16 09:58:01 2006: WARNING: There is no attribute named
> Altiga-SEP-Card-Assignment-G/U in file '' before line 4290 Ignored
> Thu Mar 16 09:58:01 2006: WARNING: There is no attribute named
> Altiga-SEP-Card-Assignment-G/U in file '' before line 4291 Ignored
> Thu Mar 16 09:58:01 2006: WARNING: There is no attribute named
> Altiga-SEP-Card-Assignment-G/U in file '' before line 4292 Ignored
>
> Chris DeRamus

NB:

radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au