(RADIATOR) rewriteusername and mschapv2

Robin Breathe rbreathe at brookes.ac.uk
Wed Jun 28 12:32:47 CDT 2006

José María Fernández wrote:
> Until now, we are using to authenticate the default handler, using the
> following sequence:
>
> Authby LDAP (to retrieve users atributes)
> Authby LSA (to authenticate the user)
>
> We are supporting EAP-TTLS and EAP-PEAP with MSCAHP-V2.
>
> Now, we have to provide services to some different realms, but when we
> try to rewrite the username John at uniovi.es to John (eliminating the
> realm), we cannot validate the user with MSCHAPV2. Any suggestions?

Take a look at the (undocumented) UsernameMatchesWithoutRealm option. We
use it with AuthNTLM/EAP-MSCHAPv2 to do exactly what you need.

Regards,
Robin
--
Robin Breathe, Computer Services, Oxford Brookes University, Oxford, UK
rbreathe at brookes.ac.uk       Tel: +44 1865 483685  Fax: +44 1865 483073