(RADIATOR) AddressAllocator problem

Rogier Krieger rkrieger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 07:00:44 CDT 2006

On 6/14/06, Sebastian Vieira <csvieira at epm.net.co> wrote:
> [...] some pools with IP ranges in the form n.n.n.0/24 but I have the
> problem that network and broadcast addresses are allocated to
> users (the ones with last octet = 0 or 255).

Those 0 and 255 addresses may be perfectly legal, depending on the
network mask delivered to those end users. If these addresses are in
use, they're not likely to be network/broadcast addresses at their
respective sites.

Locally, we have several /22 VLANs meaning e.g. that only the x.y.0.0
and x.y.3.255 addresses are network/broadcast numbers. You could try
to adjust your /24 to match.

> Is this an expected behavior??

In CIDR applications, this isn't really surprising.

Cheers,

Rogier

--
If you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au