(RADIATOR) Re-assigning a dynamic IP

Rob M. Salmon rsalmon at wildtechnology.net
Thu Jun 8 20:48:57 CDT 2006

Hi

I am using a single Radius server to authenticate both DSL and dial-up
clients

I am using AuthbySQL

What I am trying to do is if a DSL customer "dials up" I want to change
the static IP (obtained from the SQL DB) to a different IP.

I am using the attribute Called-Station-Id to determine if the request
is coming from a dial port or not.

I understand that I need to change the Framed-IP-Address attribute that
is returned by the radius server.

I am trying to use a perl Hook backupdialup-hook.pl (code below) but I
suspect I am not re-assigning the Ip correctly.

sub

{

    my $p = ${$_[0]};

    my $code = $p->code();

    if ($code eq 'Auth-Request') {

        my $Station-ID = $p->get_attr('Called-Station-Id');

        if ($Station-ID eq '142320198333843') {

                &main::log($main::LOG_DEBUG,"Called-station-ID attribute
present, Dialup Backup used.");

                AddToReply
Framed-IP-Address=255.255.255.1,Framed-IP-Netmask=255.255.255.255

#               $p->change_attr('Framed-IP-Address',
'255.255.255.255.255');

        }

    }

    return;

}

The radius.cfg look like this.

# This will authenticate users from SUBSCRIBERS

    <AuthBy SQL>

        DBSource        dbi:mysql:radius_db:192.168.0.15

        DBUsername      wildit

        DBAuth          1wildone8

        AuthSelect select PASSWORD, FramedIPAddress, SessionTimeout,
PrimaryDNS, SecondaryDNS from SUBSCRIBERS \

                   where USERNAME=%0

        AuthColumnDef 0, User-Password, check

        AuthColumnDef 1, Framed-IP-Address, reply

        AuthColumnDef 2, Session-Timeout, reply

        AuthColumnDef 3, Ascend-Client-Primary-DNS, ipaddr

        AuthColumnDef 4, Ascend-Client-Secondary-DNS, ipaddr

        AddToReply cisco-avpair="ip:dns-servers=202.129.64.194
202.129.64.198"

PreClientHook file:"%D/backupdialup-hook.pl";

Regards

Rob Salmon

Development Executive

rsalmon at wildtechnology.net

02 8306 0020 Direct Line

02 8306 0077 Sales | 02 8306 0099 Fax

02 8306 0088 Support

02 8306 0055 Administration

1300 13 WILD (9453) National | 1300 88 WILD (9453) Fax

Wild Internet & Telecom, ABN 98 091 470 692
Finance - Ground Floor, 265/8 Lachlan Street, Waterloo NSW 2017
Sales - Level 16 , 1604/6 Lachlan Street, Waterloo NSW 2017
Telephone 1300-13-9453 |  Facsimile 1300-88-9453
http://www.wildit.com.au
DISCLAIMER & CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information contained in this email message and any attachments may be confidential information and may also be the subject of client legal - legal professional privilege. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference with, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised and prohibited.   This email and any attachments are also subject to copyright.  No part of them may be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written permission of the copyright owner.  If you have received this email in error, please immediately advise the sender by return email and delete the message from your system.