(RADIATOR) Load balancing radiator part 2

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Jun 7 11:13:27 CDT 2006

Hello Alex -

I should have been a bit more precise in my previous comments.

The loadbalancer you are using I suspect is doing source/destination
address pair load distribution - ie. all of the requests from a
particular NAS are going to the same target Radiator host.

Per-request load balancing will not work with EAP due to the state
that is maintained by the target Radiator host while processing a
series of EAP radius requests, which is what I was referring to.

On 7 Jun 2006, at 06:23, Alex Sharaz wrote:

> Chaps,
> As of yesterday we've got a Foundry serveriron providing a load
> balanced
> RADIUS service against 4 radiator servers that works irrespective the
> authentication type that's thrown at it.
>
> I'm currently using eap-peap/eap-mschapv2 and eap-ttls /mschapv2
> against
> it from a number of ras clients and it works a treat
> Alex

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au