(RADIATOR) Using a "handler" where attributes are missing

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Sun Jan 22 18:24:07 CST 2006

Hello Simon -

It is usually a much better idea to put Identifier's in your Client
clauses and configure your Handlers to use them.

Here is an example:

<Client 1.1.1.1>
	Identifier SomeUsefulTag
</Client>

<Client 2.2.2.2>
	Identifier SomeUsefulTag
</Client>

<Client 3.3.3.3>
	Identifier AnotherTag
</Client>

<Handler Client-Identifier = SomeUsefulTag>
</Handler>

<Handler Client-Identifier = AnotherTag>
</Handler>

<Handler>
</Handler>

This is generally much easier to maintain than trying to use NAS-IP-
Address's.

hope that helps

On 23 Jan 2006, at 10:33, MACKEY, Simon wrote:

> Hi
>
> We use different <handler> statements for different NAS's type so
> as we
> can perform different forms of authentication, based on its
> function (eg
> remote access device, wireless devices, internal switches/routers)
>
> The Handler statements use the <handler NAS-IP-Address=...> to
> identify
> the relevant specific devices.  We also use a default handler for all
> our other "internal" routers/switches.
>
> However one of our external access devices does not seem to pass any
> useful attributes, making it hard to identifiy for its handler.
>
> This is what I do see in the debug:
>
> *** Received from 172.31.1.20 port 33658 ....
> Code:       Access-Request
> Identifier: 0
> Authentic:  <235>....
> Attributes:
>         User-Name = "myname"
>         User-Password = <248>.....
>         NAS-IP-Address = 0.0.0.0
>         NAS-Port = 0
>         NAS-Port-Type = Async
>
> Any ideas on how I can identify this default so that I use a
> handler for
> it.
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon Mackey
> Senior Network Analyst
> Information & Communication Services

> **
> WARNING
> This email and any attachment may contain confidential
> information.  If you are not the intended recipient you are not
> authorised to copy or disclose all or any part of it without the
> prior written consent of the Metropolitan Fire and Emergency
> Services Board.

NB:

radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au