(RADIATOR) Using a "handler" where attributes are missing

MACKEY, Simon spmackey at mfbb.vic.gov.au
Sun Jan 22 17:33:58 CST 2006

Hi

We use different <handler> statements for different NAS's type so as we
can perform different forms of authentication, based on its function (eg
remote access device, wireless devices, internal switches/routers)

The Handler statements use the <handler NAS-IP-Address=...> to identify
the relevant specific devices.  We also use a default handler for all
our other "internal" routers/switches.

However one of our external access devices does not seem to pass any
useful attributes, making it hard to identifiy for its handler.

This is what I do see in the debug:

*** Received from 172.31.1.20 port 33658 ....
Code:       Access-Request
Identifier: 0
Authentic:  <235>....
Attributes:
        User-Name = "myname"
        User-Password = <248>.....
        NAS-IP-Address = 0.0.0.0
        NAS-Port = 0
        NAS-Port-Type = Async

Any ideas on how I can identify this default so that I use a handler for
it.

Thanks

Simon Mackey
Senior Network Analyst
Information & Communication Services

WARNING
This email and any attachment may contain confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient you are not authorised to copy or disclose all or any part of it without the prior written consent of the Metropolitan Fire and Emergency Services Board.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au