(RADIATOR) EAP_LEAP_MSCHAP_Convert

Joe Honnold honnold at starkey.com
Wed Jan 18 08:08:33 CST 2006

I read thru the release notes for 3.14 came across the
EAP_LEAP_MSCHAP_Convert section.

"Added new parameter EAP_LEAP_MSCHAP_Convert that converts incoming
LEAP requests to conventional Radius-MSCHAP requests that can then be
handled locally or proxied to a remote Radius server that cannot
handle LEAP, but which can handle Radius-MSCHAP. Also added example
config file goodies/eap_leap_proxy.cfg. Requested by Michael Ting."

I am interested in this as I think it may solve an issue I have with
LEAP using LDAP authentication.
When working on LEAP authentication I hit the limitation that LDAP
passwords need to be stored in clear text.
Is it possible the EAP_LEAP_MSCHAP_Convert would solve this issue?

1.  LEAP request is recieved.
2.  Radiator using EAP_LEAP_MSCHAP_Convert makes the request a
standard Radius-MSCHAPV2 request.
3.  The request is handled locally or passed to another Radiator
server that does Radius-MSCHAPV2 via LDAP.

What am I missing?
TIA

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au