(RADIATOR) Multiple hosts for RADSEC?

Jan Tomasek jan at tomasek.cz
Tue Jan 10 04:18:14 CST 2006

Hello Mike,

> We have now added RadSec dead host detection, using FailureBackoffTime,
> MaxFailedRequests and MaxFailedGraceTime similar to AuthBy RADIUS.
>
> Now, if you define those parameters, and the host is not responding according
> to those parameters, the NoReplyHook will be called immediately for every
> request until the FailureBackoffTime has expired. That should allow you to
> implement the RadSec host fallback you asked for.
>
> These changes are now in the latest Radiator patch set, and will be included
> in the impending new release of Radiator.

It still looks like sort of hack. I would prefer to have ability to
specify two or more hosts in same way as in AuthBy RADIUS.

Now I'm busy in trying to improve stability of IPSec. I will try to find
time for experiments with new version of Radiator next week. Thanks.

> BTW, a new release of Net_SSLeay.pm version 1.30 has now appeared on CPAN and
> mirrors. It includes a number of fixes and new features. Users of RadSec,
> DNSROAM and others are recommended to use the new version. Precompiled
> Windows binaries are available from our web site for the new version.

Does that mean that your patch was accepted? That is very good news :)

Best regards
Jan Tomasek aka Semik           work: CESNET, z.s.p.o.
http://www.tomasek.cz/                Zikova 4, 160 00 Praha 6
                                      Czech Republic
phone(work): +420 2 2435 5279         http://www.cesnet.cz/