(RADIATOR) re-writing users for specific device

Jason Haltom jasonh at ideateksystems.com
Fri Aug 4 15:32:53 CDT 2006

Robert,

If I understand what you are asking correctly then yea it can be done.
On our system we rewrite usernames in the client clause.  For instance
all of our dsl customers come from a Cisco router and only dsl customers
come from that NAS IP so we rewrite the username to add on a ".dsl" to
the end.

Example of our client config...
<Client 1.1.1.1>
  RewriteUsername s/realm1.rlm/realm1.rlm.dsl/
  RewriteUsername s/realm2.rlm/realm2.rlm.dsl/

  NasType Cisco

  Secret ****

  StripFromReply Service-Type
  StripFromReply Framed-Protocol
  AddToReplyIfNotExist Service-Type = "Framed-User" \
  Framed-Protocol = "PPP"
</Client>

Good luck,
Jason