(RADIATOR) Rate-limit if user downloads exceed nMb in given Month.

Michael Bellears mbellears at staff.datafx.com.au
Thu Apr 27 01:14:43 CDT 2006

> Hi Michael,
>
> I have tried both "Change-Filter-Request" and
> "Disconnect-Request" with a Cisco 3600 (IOS 12.3) using
> 'radpwtst' on vpdn PPTP sessions. The Cisco does ACK the
> request but then does nothing. I would be interested to know
> if you get different results. Apart from that I would
> probably use rate-limits with scripts as you outlined.
> Otherwise the only other way I can think of is to use
> virtual-templates.

Im running 12.4 on a Cisco 1801 for testing pppoe connections.....so
your mileage may vary.

Just been playing with radpwtst(Talking directly to NAS), and found a
way to successfully boot a user:

Cisco component(Be sure to use "any" as default is "all" which will
require you to match all four key attributes (user-name,
framed-IP-address, session-ID, and session-key - I am only interested in
matching User-Name):

aaa pod server auth-type any server-key xxxxxx

Then, radpwtst:

perl radpwtst -s xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -auth_port 1700 -acct_port 1700 -noauth
-noacct -secret xxxxxx -code Disconnect-Request User-Name=test3 at foo.com
-trace 5

NB trace 5 only there for debugging...Debug aaa pod is quite handy also
on the cisco...

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au