(RADIATOR) Radmin perl modules failure

Albert Lai albertlai at antlabs.com
Tue Sep 13 04:31:09 CDT 2005

hi,

I have just installed Radmin and Radiator software on a WIN XP platform. I
have followed the steps on the Radmin installation guy an had been
successful without errors. However, when I try to execute the perl module
such as editUser.pl, I got a "500 Internal Server Error" on the browser.

I have tried to make changes to the Apache server config but of no help.

I suspect there is some issue in the installation process for the Radmin CGI
Scripts. The steps described in the installation manual is as follows:

6.4 Install the RAdmin CGI scripts on your RAdmin host
1.	Start a MS-DOS command window
2.	Change to the directory where your RAdmin distribution was unpacked,
typically with something like:

cd c:\Radmin-1.1
1.	Start the installation with

perl install.pl
1.	When prompted for "Web server html directory", enter the full path to the
root directory of your web server (i.e. the main directory for the HTML
documents. The installation will create a directory "Radmin" there,
containing documentation and other static files.

>> I have key in as " C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2"

2.	When prompted for "Web server CGI directory", enter the full path your
web servers CGI scripts directory. The installation will create a directory
"Radmin" there, containing the RAdmin CGI scripts.

>> I have key in as "C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\cgi-bin"

3.	Radmin will now install the CGI scripts and documentation in the web
server and the Radmin perl modules in your Perl site library directory
(typically c:\perl\lib\site). It will also record the answers you gave above
in Radmin\Paths.pm, and will reuse the answers if you run install.pl again.

>> The Perl site library directory in my system is c:\perl\site\lib instead
of c:\perl\lib\site. Will this be a problem??

I am not familiar with Apache server setup. I have attached the config for
ur reference.

Thanks.

Albert