AW: (RADIATOR) more intelligent rewriteusername

Martin Wallner Martin.Wallner at eunet.co.at
Thu Sep 1 19:14:56 CDT 2005

Jon,

I don't know how loaded your RADIUS-servers are, but rewrite sub's are (IMHO) taking too much time in high load environments (call me bickering, but I stand to it :-).

It's much faster to strip the realm after entering the Handler, regardless if it's there or not (you are sure that you have handle the wholesale-part, because it's already in the appropriate handler/realm), do the authentication of the username without the realm part, and then, before sending it into the Accountingpart of the handler, rewrite it again to username at wholesale.domain  before you write it in the file.... (In an SQL-Accounting/Authenticating  environment you can even let the sql-server add the wholesale.domain part with the authentication sql select or accounting-function sql insert....)

Martin