(RADIATOR) more intelligent rewriteusername

Jon Lewis jlewis at lewis.org
Thu Sep 1 11:27:47 CDT 2005

I've got a situation where we have wholesale dialup customers for which
we've setup their own dialup numbers.  This is so their customers can
dialup and login as just username...but a few of them are logging in as
username at wholesaledomain.  This is causing accounting issues as we've been
doing a RewriteUsername s/^(.*)/$1\@wholesaledomain/ in a handler for
their dialup numbers.  So we end up with some accounting for
username at wholesaledomain@wholesaledomain.

Is the following a good way to solve this problem in place of
RewriteUsername?

RewriteFunction sub { my($user) = shift; my $dom = '@wholesaledomain';
if ($user !~ m/$dom/i) { $user .= $dom; } $user;}

  Jon Lewis                   |  I route
  Atlantic Net                |

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au