(RADIATOR) 3.11 -> 3.13 ldaps problems

Andrew D. Clark andrew.clark at ucsb.edu
Fri Oct 7 17:56:00 CDT 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 15:48, Mike McCauley wrote:
> Hello Andrew,
>
> The log and config file seems to indicate you do not have config file
> entries for AuthDN and AuthPasssword.
>
> Cheers.

Yes, you're right.  I'm doing an anonymous bind, so I was under the assumption
those would be undefined (as they were in 3.11....).

goodies/ldap.cfg seems to say you don't need them for anonymous binds.

# You will only need these if your LDAP server
# requires authentication. These are the examples
# in a default OpenLDAP installation
# see /etc/openldap/slapd.conf
AuthDN          cn=Manager, dc=example, dc=com
AuthPassword    secret

I must be missing something here.

--
Andrew Clark