(RADIATOR) Moved to Fedora... will not work! Help!

Tom Swenson tom at netconx.net
Tue Nov 22 13:17:07 CST 2005

I just had someone hack my RedHat 9.0 machine, so I have to rebuild all
services on another, then put them back on this same machine after
reformatting. I have a Fedora 4 system all configured and thought it was
working, but will not authenticate users. Here are some details... I'm
desperate to get this to work.

1. config was working for many years.
2. authenticating to mysql
3. when I do the following command it works fine. No errors.

radpwtst -s localhost -secret {secret} -user {user} -password {password}

4. If I change the password in the mysql server, it will come up request
denied.
5. I see: "Rewrote user name to unauthenticated" in log file
6. I also see pass in my logins with a line like:

Tue Nov 22 13:14:03 2005:1132686843:{user}:UNKNOWN-CHAP:{password}:PASS

7. It will create stop records in the detail file, but never a start record.
8. I downloaded and installed new MD5 and MD4 files... at least I think I
did.

I don't know what to do next. I had to put back in the box that had been
compromised. It is still working, but I can't leave it in there.

Thanks.

Tom Swenson - CTO
NetConX - Internet Access - Client Managed Web Database Applications
Wireless - Virus Blocking - Spam Blocking
tom at netconx.net               http://www.netconx.net
(641) 421-4170 - Voice (641) 423-3351 - FAX

"If something's broke, fix it. If you don't know how, learn. If you're not
willing to learn, don't complain about it. If it can't be fixed, then accept
it, and move on."

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au