(RADIATOR) ClientListLDAP and "Could not load NAS-specific module Radius::Nas::..."

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed Nov 2 21:27:10 CST 2005

Hello Alexander -

As I can't find a record for you in our customer database, could you
please tell me the name of the registered organisation that has
purchased this copy of Radiator? Please reply to me directly.

In answer to your question, you should be using either the Identifier
field or the Description field in the Client clause(s), rather than
overloading the NasType field.

On 3 Nov 2005, at 14:12, Alexander List wrote:

> Hello!
>
> I am using ClientListLDAP with default attributes and Radiator 3.13
> with
> the latest patch set.
>
> I experience the same situation as mentioned in
>
> http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/2005-10/msg00108.html
>
> Nov  3 03:14:43 n.n.n.n radiusd[32724]: Could not load NAS-specific
> module Radius::Nas::nas2-name: syntax error at (eval 2484) line 1,
> near
> "require Radius::Nas::nas2-" ^@
>
> It seems that for some reason, Radiator tries to load a Perl module
> "Radius::Nas::nas2-name"
>
> Having a look at Radius/Nas.pm gives me the impression that e.g.
>
> sub activeSessions
>
> tries to load a module
>
>         my $nas_module = "Radius::Nas::$nas_type";
>         if (!eval("require $nas_module"))
>
> that of course doesn't exist...
>
> I figured from the manual (pp 30/31), that if NasType is defined in
> the
> record for a particular client, Radiator tries to query the NAS if the
> user is still online.
>
> It would be nice if this behaviour could be switched on/off via a
> special configuration directive, not just the presence of a "NasType"
> field in the database.
>
> Yes, we're abusing NasType for something else... documenting the
> hostname of the NAS in question, not the actual NAS type. Probably the
> same applies to Jonathan Carpenter's setup...
>
> Kind regards
>
> Alexander List

NB:

radiator)?