(RADIATOR) ClientListLDAP and "Could not load NAS-specific module Radius::Nas::..."

Alexander List alexlist at sbox.tu-graz.ac.at
Wed Nov 2 21:12:40 CST 2005

Hello!

I am using ClientListLDAP with default attributes and Radiator 3.13 with
the latest patch set.

I experience the same situation as mentioned in

http://www.open.com.au/archives/radiator/2005-10/msg00108.html

Nov  3 03:14:43 n.n.n.n radiusd[32724]: Could not load NAS-specific
module Radius::Nas::nas2-name: syntax error at (eval 2484) line 1, near
"require Radius::Nas::nas2-" ^@

It seems that for some reason, Radiator tries to load a Perl module
"Radius::Nas::nas2-name"

Having a look at Radius/Nas.pm gives me the impression that e.g.

sub activeSessions

tries to load a module

        my $nas_module = "Radius::Nas::$nas_type";
        if (!eval("require $nas_module"))

that of course doesn't exist...

I figured from the manual (pp 30/31), that if NasType is defined in the
record for a particular client, Radiator tries to query the NAS if the
user is still online.

It would be nice if this behaviour could be switched on/off via a
special configuration directive, not just the presence of a "NasType"
field in the database.

Yes, we're abusing NasType for something else... documenting the
hostname of the NAS in question, not the actual NAS type. Probably the
same applies to Jonathan Carpenter's setup...

Kind regards

Alexander List

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au