(RADIATOR) Problem upgrading to Radiator 3.12 and patching it, AuthPLSQL.pm error

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Wed May 4 01:56:47 CDT 2005

Hello Mishari -

It looks to me like the AuthPLSQL.pm module is not installed correctly.

You can do some initial testing by copying "goodies/AuthPLSQL.pm" to
"Radius/AuthPLSQL.pm" in the Radiator-3.12 distribution directory, then
running"radiusd" from there by hand:

	cd /your/directory/Radiator-3.12

	cp goodies/AuthPLSQL.pm Radius/AuthPLSQL.pm

	perl radiusd -foreground -log_stdout -trace 4 -config_file
/your/configuration/radius.cfg

On 3 May 2005, at 17:55, Mishari Al-Faris wrote:

> Hellos,
>
> I was running Radiator 3.9 without problems using the AuthPLSQL.pm
> module. Recently we installed some Colubris APs and was pleased to
> find recent support for it, so I tried to upgrade my Radiator. I have
> 2 machines, 1 operational and the other was a test bed, so I tried
> doing it on the test machine.
>
> I got the latest version 3.12 and the patches file. I untarred the
> package and then patched it. Then I did:
>
> perl Makefile.pl; make; make test
>
> and everything seemed fine.
>
> I then did:
>
> make install
>
> and copied AuthPLSQL.pm from the goodies dir to
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Radius/ along with where the rest of
> the modules went.
>
> However, now when I try to start radiator I get:
>
> /etc/init.d/radiator start
> Starting Radiator: Can't locate object method "new" via package
> "Radius::AuthPLSQL" at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.0/Radius/Configurable.pm line 373, <FILE>
> line 87. [FAILED]
>
> Any help would be appreciated, I still havent touched the production
> machine fortunately.
>
> Am I messing up the upgrade/patching procedure? I couldnt find the
> procedure anywhere, so I kinda winged it :)

NB:

Have you searched the mailing list archive
(www.open.com.au/archives/radiator)?

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au