(RADIATOR) additional accounting column

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Mon Mar 21 15:40:20 CST 2005

Hello Christoph -

You should keep in mind that the authentication and the accounting
happen at different times.

You should return the value that you want to record in a Class
attribute, then use the Class attribute in your accounting.

When you return a Class attribute in an access accept, all subsequent
accounting attributes for the session will contain that Class
attribute.

On 21 Mar 2005, at 10:32, CHS wrote:

> hi
> I currently have a problem with the accounting which I do with <authby
> sql>.  What I want to do is to add an additional column (LOGINSERVICE)
> to the mysql db where the Login-Service that is stored in the LDAP db
> will be saved.
>
> I have trace 4 turned on and in the log file I'll never see the
> mentioned attribute in the "sql insert" statement.
>
> could you please check my config file and tell me what's wrong or
> missing in there.
>
> thanks
> christoph
>
> # ldap.cfg
> #
>
>        #Foreground
>        LogStdout
>        DbDir           /usr/local/radiator
>
>        # Debugging Level & Logging
>        # 0 ERR.Error conditions. Serious and unexpected failures
>        # 1 WARNING. Warning conditions. Unexpected failures
>        # 2 NOTICE. Normal but significant conditions.
>        # 3 INFO. Informational messages.
>        # 4 DEBUG. Debugging messages.
>        # 5 Incoming raw packet dumps in hexadecimal.
>        Trace           4
>        LogFile         /var/log/radius.log
>
>        PidFile /var/run/radius.pid
>
> ### NAS CLIENTS ###
> # default client if no other is defined
> # !!! Client order is important, default should be the last !!!
>
> <Client 127.0.0.1>
>        Secret mysecret
>        Identifier 1038
> </Client>
>
> <Client 1.2.3.41>
>        Secret mysecret
>        Identifier TA
> </Client>
>
> <Client 2.3.4.5>
>        Secret mysecret
>        Identifier DSL
> </Client>
>
> <Client DEFAULT>
>        Secret  mysecret
>        DupInterval 0
> </Client>
>

> ##################
> ### ACCOUNTING ###
>
> <AuthBy SQL>
>        Identifier      AcctSQL
>        DBSource        dbi:mysql:****
>        DBUsername      rad
>        DBAuth          ******
>
>        # !!! Table must exist !!!
>        AccountingTable ACCOUNTING%Y%m
>
>        #AcctColumnDef Column,Attribute[,Type][,Format]
>
>        AcctColumnDef   USERNAME,User-Name
>        AcctColumnDef   TIME_STAMP,Timestamp,integer
>        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSTATUSTYPE,Acct-Status-Type
>        AcctColumnDef   ACCTDELAYTIME,Acct-Delay-Time,integer
>        AcctColumnDef   ACCTINPUTOCTETS,Acct-Input-Octets,integer
>        AcctColumnDef   ACCTOUTPUTOCTETS,Acct-Output-Octets,integer
>        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONID,Acct-Session-Id
>        AcctColumnDef   ACCTSESSIONTIME,Acct-Session-Time,integer
>        AcctColumnDef   ACCTTERMINATECAUSE,Acct_Terminate-Cause
>        AcctColumnDef   NASIDENTIFIER,NAS-Identifier
>        AcctColumnDef   NASPORT,NAS-Port,integer
>        AcctColumnDef   FRAMEDIPADDRESS,Framed-IP-Address

> [...]

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au