(RADIATOR) EAP TTLS via SecureW2

Paul Dekkers Paul.Dekkers at surfnet.nl
Thu Mar 17 07:05:38 CST 2005

Prins, R. wrote:

>This Probably isn't a Radiator question (I think), but the people on
>this forum might have experience with it. We are trying to setup a Wired
>802.1x service, using Radiator, Cisco equipment and Alfa & Ariss
>SecureW32. The Problen: Autenthication take more than a minute. I don't
>think Radiator is the problem, because the times in the logfile and
>protocol capture are within a second. When doing protocol capture we
>sometimes see a timeout on the EAP identity request of 30 seconds.
>
>Any ideas?

Since you're wired: isn't this delay caused by the switch, say
spanning-tree?

I suppose normally you wouldn't notice this because STP is handled while
the client is booting, but you might find this delay annoying while
testing. The time STP takes varies per switch vendor and settings (like
portfast).

Paul