(RADIATOR) runnding radiator as daemon

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Tue Mar 15 14:46:06 CST 2005

Hello Christoph -

You should use a script in rc.d to start restartWrapper, which in turn
should be used to (re)start radiusd.

You need to run radiusd in the foreground when you use restartWrapper
so it remains attached to the controlling program.

If radiusd exits then restartWrapper will take care of restarting it
and will let you know what went wrong (if so configured).

On 15 Mar 2005, at 15:34, CHS wrote:

> hi,
> how can I run radiator as daemon and not in foreground mode. I'm using
> FreeBSD 5.3 and want to start radiator through a startup script in
> rc.d when machine is restarting.
>
> I read in the ref manual that the restartWrapper, init and inetd are
> only running in foreground. What are the possibilities to run it as
> daemon?
>
> Thanks
> Christoph

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au