(RADIATOR) Unable to bind to Active Directory with other user than Administrator!

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Mar 11 03:16:05 CST 2005

Hello Jhonny -

The only alternative is to use "ServerChecksPasswords" in an AuthBy
LDAP2 clause, or alternatively use the AuthBy LSA clause and run
Radiator on Windows. See section 6.36.17 in the Radiator 3.11 reference
manual ("doc/ref.html").

On 10 Mar 2005, at 18:19, Jhonny Freire de Oliveira wrote:

> Hello there,
>

> I want Radiator to authenticate on Windows 2003 Active Directory, and
> I’m already able to do so. Unfortunately I can only bind to the Active
> Directory with the “Administrator” account, any other fails to bind…
> As you should understand I don’t want use Administrator account for
> this purpose. I’ve tried to give administrator privileges (as well as
> all of them, too) to the other account I want to use, and still, it
> doesn’t work. I’ve tried other tools like ldp or “Softerra LDAP
> Administrator 3” and they bind to any account.
>

> Does my problem make any sense? If it does, what I can do to change
> this be behaviour?
>
> Where can I find more specific info on Radiator (RH Linux Advanced
> Server) / Active Directory (Win2003 Server Standart)?
>

> Best regards,
>
> Jhonny

NB: I am travelling this week, so there may be delays in our
correspondence.

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au