(RADIATOR) Disconnect Request, POD question, voip call session kill

Hugh Irvine hugh at open.com.au
Fri Mar 4 04:08:20 CST 2005

Hello Ganbold -

I do not have any experience with Cisco VoIP, however a quick check of
the Cisco web site gives this:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/
122relnt/5300/rn5300xb.htm

which contains this:

  RADIUS Packet of Disconnect

  This feature consists of a method for terminating a call that has
already been connected. This "Packet of Disconnect" (POD) is a RADIUS
access_reject packet and is intended to be used in situations where the
AAA server wants to disconnect the user after the session has been
accepted by the RADIUS access_accept packet. This may be needed in at
least two situations: