(RADIATOR) proxy radius

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Wed Mar 2 08:38:07 CST 2005

Hi,

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Derrick Joseph wrote:

> Radiator Team,
>
> I am currently maintaining a proxy RADIUS server running in Radiator
> and forwards requests to a central RADIUS server.  My proxy RADIUS
> server is connected via a 512k leased line connection towards the
> central site wherein the RADIUS server is located.
>
> My question is that the authentication process of "Verifying Username
> and Password" takes about 7-10 secs.  I am constantly monitoring our
> bandwidth and it's not reaching the maximum.
>
> How do I go about this problem ?  Is there a way tweak the configuration ?

you might want to check the timestamps in the logs on both radius
servers to verify how long radiator is taking to process the request and
send the reply to the nas.

Chances are good that everything is fine and the "Verifying Username and
Password" bit you are seeing is just your windows client sending out
broadcasts trying to contact a domain controller or master browser for
the remote network.

Greetings
Christian

Christian Kratzer                       ck at cksoft.de
CK Software GmbH                        http://www.cksoft.de/
Phone: +49 7452 889 135                 Fax: +49 7452 889 136

Announcements on radiator-announce at open.com.au